Friday 17 May 2013

Redraft Time!

I'm a bad blogger.  I have thoughts.  Ideas.  I come up with REALLY funny blogs.  But do I write them?  Um... no.  I don't know what happens.  Apparently good intentions do not a thriving blog make.

But my New ... eh... Spring Resolution is to be better.  Starting right now.

I blog therefore I am.  Or something like that.  ;)

Yesterday was a very exciting day.  "Bombmaker" edits have arrived.  Eek!  My lovely editor Helen told me not to panic, there weren't many, but I'm pretty sure she told me that last time and then when they came in I almost had a heart attack! This time though, really not many.

Which is scary.

With "Ferryman", I think I got my hand held.  Fix this, do that, change this bit.  So I did.  This time?  Suggestions.  Cue panic from me.  What if I do it wrong?  What if I make it worse?  What if my mind comes up with a big fat BLANK?  

I need chocolate.  

Aside from editing, I've been very very busy trying to find out how much action a Kindle Fire can handle before it dies from sheer exhaustion.  So far, so good.  Aside from my Kristen Ashley obsession (She's only for big girls and boys!) I've been discovering some awesome YA fiction.  I am ashamed to admit that I've only just discovered "Divergent"  by Veronica Roth... and I only found out about it through movie posters.  Oops.  You'd think being an English teacher I'd be up on this kind of thing.  Apparently not.  Next on my list is "City of Bones" and then... I need some hints.  I'm planning to sneak up on my pupils during library time and see what they're into.  Or maybe I'll just read "Harry Potter" one to seven for the... hmmm... twenty-fourth time.  It's been a while since Harry and I were reacquainted, and I haven't had the chance to play with my Hermione wand since I got back from the studio tour...


Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment